We had a fun trip to Dubai. Quick, but definitely fun. We stayed with friends from Perth, Duane & Lisa, who are expecting their own bundle of joy in just a few weeks. It was wonderful to be in their home, and hang out with them.
Isabelle took the big boys to Wild Wadi, where they spent the day slipping and sliding up and down the rides. Apparently there is no need to walk up stairs to start the ride, instead water jets propel you up and then down. Lisa, Matilda & I went shopping at instead.
Brendan and I explored Mall of the Emirates, with indoor ski slope attached. 6000 tonnes of snow and a 400m ski run, it looked impressive, and I was itching to have a go! However, I decided to spend my time shopping some more... just as good exercise, I reckon!
Jumeirah beach was a sight for sore eyes coming from Doha. If you put blinkers on and squinted to blur your vision, you could almost imagine you were standing on North Cottesloe beach! Somehow though, the Surf Club does not really compare to the Burj Al Arab! Everyone took the opportunity for a quick dip & body surf.
Photos will follow shortly (once we found the camera that Matilda seems to have misplaced; it's only been 24 hours, I'm not panicking yet!!).
So, now we're back in Doha, and so looking forward to Grandma arriving next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment