Sunday, May 13, 2007

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! I was woken up with a card from the girls, written so beautifully... thanking me for all that I do! It brightened my whole day!

Our month continues with more illness in this family. After recovering from her bout of Giardiasis, Matilda has hand, foot & mouth disease - the worst case the hospital has ever seen! Poor thing, she is suffering a lot with a painful mouth, and is not willing to eat or drink anything but sips of water and scoops of vanilla ice cream! We all hope she gets back to the cheerful little kid soon! (I need some sleep!!)

Summer is on our doorstep... the thermometer has reached 45 degrees Celcius, and we're spending more and more time indoors. Still cooling down a little in the late evening, so it is possible to sit out then. Brendan is cycling earlier and earlier on the weekends to stay cool... getting out at 4am! He's preparing to meet up with good friends from Perth in Alpe D'Huez to cycle the Tour de France mountains in July.

The girls and I have booked our tickets to Perth... we'll be home on the 12th July! The next two months are going to fly by for me, with final assignments and exams around the corner. There's nothing like high stress levels to remind you that you're alive!!

Until next month...
Love, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment