Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!!
The girls' school DESS is celebrating their 30th anniversary today and tomorrow with an international theme. All 715 students came to school in national/cultural costumes and it was fantastic. I was able to get fully involved and it was so much fun, yet exhausting. The girls had a blast!
It is 6.30am (gotta get up early to beat the Doha traffic!) and the Beales & White kids are raring to go!
Once at school, the sights are amazing! Families have put a lot of effort into costumes and decorations. How great for the kids. I had green shorts made for all the Aussies who wanted it. Gotta look impressive for the Grand National Parade tomorrow!
Each national group was given one classroom to decorate and organise activities in. Here are samples of the Australian foods Zena and I brought in... fairy bread, pavlova, vegemite sandwiches, damper with golden syrup, milo, pumpkin scones, anzaq biscuits.
Li'l Aussies... our group of Key Stage 1 kids (reception to year 2) in our homemade cave.
Say VEGEMITE!
Our version of Uluru and animal tracking.
Principal, Mr Liptrot, doing the rounds and trying out a vegemite sandwich.
Nippers on our very own beach in the 2D courtyard.
Matilda and her friends came to visit, they were very excited.
Miss Pinson with her helpers (may I add, at the end of the day... we're tired.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment