Monday, March 18, 2013

Isabelle's Report on BSME


Hello Family,

My mum reminded me that I hadn’t told you guys about BSME. Well, it was really fun and overall our school came 4th out of 12 schools.

The first day we went to Wild Wadi which is the biggest water park in Dubai and it was so fun. Luckily nobody got injured or sunburnt. We went down loads of slides and the teachers had a race down the biggest slide in the park.

The next day we went up the Burj Khalifa and the elevators go up 10m a second which is amazing. At the top everything was so small and our teacher explained that even if you dropped chewing gum over the edge then it could kill someone if it hit them. That afternoon we went to the aquarium and ate lunch whilst the basketballers got ready. We then headed to the school were the event was being held. We went into the stands while the team warmed up with their coach Ahmed. At the end of the 6 hour tournament we came 5th overall and there were smiles on everyone’s faces as we had done well in the first event of the games.

Then we had netball the next day and we went to DESS Dubai and got warmed up by a magnificent ribbon routine. Our first match was against DESS Dubai and they won 8-2 but they train everyday whereas we train once a week. We were in the 3rd/4th playoffs and the score was 4-3 to BIS Riyadh. We came 4th by one point and everyone was very emotional.

An hour later, we moved on to the swimming which I had been most looking forward to. My first event was 100m individual medley were I came 3rd. Then I had 50m backstroke were I came 2nd. Then was the 100m freestyle where I had DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) and couldn’t do my best but nonetheless I still came 4th. After my three individual races I swam in three relays. We came 3rd in each of them (4x25m freestyle & medley, 4x50m freestyle).

That evening for dinner there was a barbeque and we had a big dinner with the teams.

The next morning, the athletics team got prepared for the biggest competition in the games. We all got ready in our kit and then drove 300m to the Police Academy. There was a huge track and field. As a team we walked around the track, and Jessica and I got our legs stretched by our coaches as we had stiffness in them. Then I had a break. Jessica and I got prepared for the 600m race. In my race I came 3rd but there was no individual medals only team medals. Then right at the end, the last race was our relay and we came 3rd bringing us to a strong finish.

That evening was the gala dinner at the Rotana Hotel and everybody got dressed up nice and fancy. We had a yummy dinner and me and a boy called Frank got a special trophy for being the player of the games. Then me and a boy called Matti got to receive and hold up the swimming trophy for overall 3rd place. We went back to the hotel and had a short sleep as we were woken at 3:30am to get to the airport for our flight. We landed in Doha.

Bye Love from Isabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment